Monday nights for the past several weeks have been "date night". We decided if we did not dedicate a night each week to spend together, then it wouldn't happen because we are way too busy.
It took me a few weeks to figure something out. The first couple of date nights we ended up going grocery shopping because I hadn't had a chance to get it done over the weekend. Well, after the second date night wasted grocery shopping--which I hate--I became more disciplined in getting it done over the weekend so we could go to more fun places on date night. Like Home Depot. And Half-Price Books. And Starbucks. And Michaels. Really, wherever we want (as long as they are still open). This has been so much fun, and I find myself really looking forward to Mondays.
It's too bad that something I must do a lot of (like grocery shopping) is something I don't enjoy. Lucky for me, I really enjoy doing laundry (where there is a lot of) and even dishes, although Aaron and Sydni mostly do that unless they're not home, and I can't stand it anymore.
It doesn't matter if every other room is cluttered and messy, if the kitchen is clean, I "feel" like the whole house is clean. Sydni mentioned that I have this in common with someone else, and I suspect many women feel this way. I can pick up a pile of papers and take it from the kitchen island to the desk in the office, and I'm fine with that. I just can't stand it being in the kitchen. I don't even enjoy cooking very much (which I also have to do a lot of). How could someone possibly cook breakfast every morning when there are such wonderful things like cereal and frozen waffles and breakfast bars, unless they serve easy dinners like sandwiches? (Hey Sheldon, I think that might be a good idea.)
Well, I'm off to answer my email from Kirk Cameron. (Just kidding: it's a survey about the Transformed conference.) Next year I know just where to sit to get to meet him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
PLEASE take this off before Scott reads it and tells me "Well, April likes doing laundry". JK - I hate dishes, laundry and grocery shopping more than any other chore that I have!!!
I love keeping up with your blog - it makes me feel more in touch with you guys! I promise to do better with mine.
I really look forward to date night too. This will sound kinda bad but it's really cool how this all worked out...let me explain. Monday night football got moved over to cable TV this season and I don't have cable. I really looked forward to MNF after work, it kind of got me through the day. Well I feel the same way about MNDN now! I really look forward to it all day even starting on Sunday night...and it's way better than football ever was!
P.S. I'm really glad you like doing laundry and I wish I could help you with dinner more but I can deal with sandwiches?
Speaking of witches you wouldn't have to cook this Saturday night. Sorry inside joke.
You should take a friend grocery shopping with you and make a little silent game (can I spend less than her?) I do think you should quit lusting after Kirk.
I've never met a woman that liked doing laundry. I love doing laundry because you get 30 minutes in between having to do anything. That's my kind of chore.
Laundry is nice. What other chore can you do while watching tv... besides dusting the tv, of course, but even then the rag keeps getting in your way.
Post a Comment