Thursday, September 20, 2007

Interior Design Ministry

I thought of a way a person could use their talent and love for interior design as a ministry. It may just so happen that this person could have a good friend who is design-challenged and could use advice decorating when they're not sure what looks good.

We have recently finished painting the living room and school room a beautiful gallery taupe color. Previously, the schoolroom was unpainted, and the living room was dark burgundy. (Click to see the old rooms.)

Now, we are sort of starting over, as cheaply as possible. The schoolroom is almost done, so I'll post pics when we're finished, and we're happy with it. The living room is very bare because I'm not sure what to do. Help is needed.


Almost all of the things on the mantle are going to have to be moved because I think they're too dark. That's about all I know except that none of the things that were hung on the wall before are going to be used again.

(Ignore the cardboard box on the fireplace. It has books in it from the bookshelves that are now temporarily in the hall.) I don't have to take interior design classes to know that box has to go!

3 comments:

Jill's Home Childcare said...

Just a quick note to let your large readership know: If anyone likes the chair pictured here, I have a lovely couch & loveseat for sale that matches. Thanks!

Angie Lessard said...

Wow - your living room looks like a completely different room already with the paint job. I would love to help out. Tell me when your ready to have me come over and maybe we can do some shopping together. I've learned to decorate on the cheap, so I understand that completely! Wal-Mart works good, so does Big Lots, Marshall's, Hobby Lobby, TJ Maxx...could go on. I'll be looking forward to an invite!

Sheldon said...

April, INVITE ANGIE!!!