I wonder what it's like in a normal homeschooling house. It's been so long since I've experienced that. Maybe this is some sort of normal with so many little kids running around distracting the older kids and making HUGE messes of toys. After all, some people have 9 kids of their own. The 3 littlest don't go home at the end of the day. I just spied Austin through the kitchen window. He's out in the backyard playing with weeds. Yes, playing with weeds. They're really long, and he must have pulled them from under the slide or something. He's tying them around the steps to the playfort. That's nature study/science, isn't it? Summer is playing with the babies and making them laugh. That's a good education since she wants to be a stay-at-home mom and have a lot of kids when she grows up.
I've been hearing a lot of complaints the last 3 days from Aaron and Sydni, who both agree that Heart of Darkness is way too hard, boring, and impossible to understand. On this, their third and final day to read it, Sydni casually mentioned that Ashley's mom let her read about it on sparknotes. Well, it would have been nice to have had this information (permission) 3 days ago. So, that's what we did, and they're not writing about it. (Thanks, Connie, for giving me permission to let some things go without even knowing you were affecting our home atmosphere!)
Here's a note to some of the people that read my blog, and you know who you are:
August 14 and August 22 is almost a month ago. Surely something interesting has happened since then that you could blog about. We won't even talk about July 28!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love how you can see the homeschooling opportunities in the everyday things our kids do. I wise woman once told you; "they're still going to turn out for the better because of your willingness to stay home with them." Thats close enought to what she said anyway. I'm so proud of you and I know God will bless your "ministry" because that's what it is. I could witness to tons of people but I can't hold a candel to what you do...I'm not worthy.
Post a Comment