I've been so busy and sleep-deprived lately that I haven't taken time to post anything because I'm trying to get "everything" done. I'm so sure.
I know I'll never get "everything" done. So why not just enjoy the busy time and anticipation everyone feels at Christmas. Soon it will be all over, and it will be a time of rest for a little bit until we start school again.
I'm sure I'll have the presents wrapped just in the "nick" of time for Christmas. I'm not so worried about Christmas cards because I'm sending them anyway, even if they're late.
Now I've got to make this blog short because I've got to get "everything" done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Interesting post. I have a love/hate relationship with this time of year. I love the fact that we focus on our Lord and Savior and that most people are so nice to each other. I hate the busy-ness and the hustle and bustle. The traffic and the outright consumerism. I'm right there with everyone else - I got my list, too.
But haven't we lost perspective? The day comes and goes SOOO quick and we can breathe out again because its over. However, the whole time we are running around crazy instead of enjoying the company of our family and friends. We're so busy cleaning, cooking and shopping that we aren't "visiting". We have not spent time with nearly as many of our friends because we are so busy trying to get ready for the day - which is typically over in 15 minutes after the rush of presents.
There's got to be a better way...Next year, I propose that Angie and I open our house for all of December and just have party after party every weekend. If we have no money left for presents, I still think we'll have had a better Christmas.
Merry Christmas to you and yours, April.
SL
You're right. We're constantly redirecting the attention to Jesus, rather than Santa and what we're going to get. (By the way, the little ones apparently forgot everything we said and still think Santa's coming. Or they're pretending really well. All the worries really are for nothing, it seems.)
We are too busy cleaning to enjoy it. Maybe I won't clean. After all, someone wise recently asked me why we have so many kids if we're not going to make them share some of the workload.
Merry Christmas to you guys, too, Scott.
Post a Comment