Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas is over, but I'm still happy.

It seems like there's usually a let down after Christmas is over and the excitement and extreme busy-ness has died down. Not this year. I love it. We really had a good time enjoying this Christmas season and celebrating Jesus and what God did for us. Sheldon and I shopped together more than in recent years, and it's always fun shopping with him. Even on Christmas Eve, when we were supposed to be spending time at home doing things, we snuck out for Starbucks and light grocery shopping at the wonderful new Super Target. At one point, I even found some teenage store employees who were talking to each other about different religions while setting up a display of clearance items. What joy to be able to tell Sheldon about it and direct him over there to discuss with them the truth of Jesus. They were very open to discussion with him, and I didn't even mind picking up the rest of the groceries alone while they talked for a long time. Only when the managers closed in did they stop talking, but he was able to give them the Good News!

Today I'm hoping to clean up around the house. There is always a mess after Christmas toys are opened until we clear out some of the old and make homes for the new. We'll be taking down the tree and decorations and restoring order before it's back to the routine of school and work, when I really won't have time to clean like I plan to this weekend. Of course, Sheldon's off too, so we may end up scrapping those plans and going to the grocery store together alone. It's so nice to be able to leave the littles with the teens.

No comments: