Friday, June 20, 2008

Because I'm a Perfectionist . . .

Because I'm a perfectionist,

*I don't blog very often. I feel as if I have done nothing blogworthy, and feel like I would bore any readers.

*I haven't finished the high school transcripts. It takes time to grade papers and enter grades. I don't know exactly what type of transcript form I want to use, but whatever it is must be the perfect one.

*Clutter has invaded my home more than I'd like. Until I find the time to go through everything and sort and clean and label it for a sale, I'm most unlikely to go through anything at all. Fortunately, this has changed a great deal recently. I just got so sick of seeing things that I've started going through small areas at a time to throw out as much as I can. Money motivates, and if I can make some money at a garage sale, I'm more likely to get rid of something.

While I have gotten better at trying to do everything perfectly, it still does creep in at times. I've got to keep working.

1 comment:

Angie Lessard said...

I understand what you are saying completely! I used to save so much stuff thinking that I was going to give it to someone special that needs it or that I was going to have a garage sale and make money (so I wouldn't be wastefull in just throwing it out). Well, I've gotten over that and everytime people call me on the phone to say "I'm going to have a truck in your neighborhood on such and such date, could you please help us by donating some household item?" I have something on my porch every time now and it feels so much better to purge all of that stuff!!! I've even made several drives to good will and salvation army. It's amazing how much "stuff" one family can have!

It feels really good when you finally just choose to "do" and not wait for it to be just perfect. I feel your pain!