Sunday, February 17, 2008

Summer















Well, yesterday we switched Aaron & Austin's room with Savanna & Alex's room. Aaron decided he wanted to switch before we painted, so the older boys now have a pink room (temporarily). Paint is on sale today, so we may be fixing that rather soon. Unless we get sick.

Last week Sydni and Alex both got sick. I thought (hoped) we were over it, but this morning Summer said she felt like throwing up, so here I am at home with the little kids instead of going to church. Sheldon has to teach a Sunday school class, so he had to go. I hate to miss his class. Maybe he can go over it with me when he gets home. I hope Summer's not really sick, as we had several kids here last night, and I really don't want to get people sick.

I must say that I am so thankful I haven't gotten sick (from the MANY childhood illnesses I'm exposed to very often) in a very long time. Each time someone has gotten sick, I have tried to isolate them and clean often so that it doesn't spread to everyone in the house. I don't know if I'm getting better at those things or if it's just luck depending on the virus and our immune systems. (God knew I would have a desperate need for an efficient washer and dryer way back in November when we had to buy new ones.)

Being sick, though, doesn't give you anything to do really while you're feeling the stomach cramps since you can't sleep, so I find that during those times, I am so much in prayer and focused on heavenly things because that does seem to comfort me, just knowing He is there for me, even though it doesn't make my stomach hurt any less. I have tried to encourage my kids to think on those things while they are sick, too. Anything that makes us focus on Christ can't be ALL bad, right? Even though from our own perspective it may appear bad. We just can't see God's reasons for everything. It helps to know that we don't always have to know His reasons. We just have to trust Him. He is faithful.

Now I'm going back to bed. See? It can't be ALL bad. . .

No comments: